January 26, 2010

And then there were four....

...counting Samford, of course!

We saw the sweetest sight today: our baby's heart beating on an ultrasound. That's right, someone special is due to arrive on August 29 and we are so thankful!

We are thankful for so many reasons. Most people don't know that we've been battling through infertility for a little over a year now. While that pales in comparison to what others have been/are going through, it felt like an eternity to us. But Peanut arrived at what we now see as perfect timing. There truly is a season for all things and I am thankful that the Lord ordains those seasons and not me. This is also my excuse for disappearing from the Blog World for awhile. It's pretty obvious that this is not a healthy environment for someone who is longing and pleading for a child! But we have been so thankful for our friends who have been blessed with babies, and in turn have hurt and continue to carry the burden with those who are waiting and praying.

We have no inclinations as to what we will be having yet (although I'm pretty professional at guessing others' babies' genders!) but the nursery is already blue and it's not changing, so according to Murphy's law it will be a girl. :)

Poor Samford has no idea how drastically his life is about to change...

8 comments:

SLHutchens said...

Aw Lib, I had no idea. (hug) We tried for 1 year and 8 months before getting pregnant, so I know exactly what you went through. I'd love to talk with you about it more in person sometime. I love you!! Jude says he can't wait to meet his new friend!

rhodes1 said...

oh Elizabeth! That's so exciting! I'm so happy for ya'll. Sad I'm not there to enjoy it with you, but I hope to hear details on the blog :)

Anne Marie said...

YAY! Chris and I are SUPER excited for yall!!

Baba said...

Another Harwell to love! We already have been praying for "Peanut." Being the great dog that he is, I know Samford will be turn out to be a great big bro. Love all ya, Grandan and Baba

Bryant Family said...

Elizabeth - We are so excited for yall and know that Gods timing is always perfect!

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

yay!!!! So excited and can't wait to have "play" dates next year:)

The Gentrys said...

We are SO happy for ya'll!

SGN said...

Congratulations guys! We wish you all the best as everything moves forward! :o)