June 09, 2010

Jackson Hole, Week Two

We have entered into our second week here at the Jackson Hole Summer Project and this place is starting to feel a little more like home. These students are starting to feel a little more like our family, too! We eat all our meals together, take "family outings" together, study and grow in God's Word together... basically we're like the Dugger family minus the jean jumpers.


I say that in jest, but it's kind of true. A typical day here is breakfast, a staff giving a talk on our heart (Andrew's done one on idols, I've done one on the power of our words, etc.), break for the students to have some reflection time/quiet time, another talk on skills (we've had talks on anywhere from how to study the Word to how to make good decisions), lunch (the food here is AWESOME... Wilson loves it), and then an afternoon activity (a hike, horseback riding, etc.)

We also break up into small groups and are going through a study together called "Seeking Him." I highly recommend this if you are looking for a good devotional to go through each day. Beware if you don't want to be convicted, though! Each week we also have a men/women's time (girls are going through Calm My Anxious Heart), a social, and prayer/share time. In between those times we meet with our disciples (Andrew and I each have 5) to make sure they are tracking with the material and to help shepherd them along in their spiritual growth.

Phew! It's exhausting but I can't think of a better place to be this summer. Yesterday we took our "jean jumper family" to Yellowstone.... Here are a few pics of the day:


This is called Artists' Point. Isn't it amazing?? It was my favorite stop on the trip.


This is a better pic of the waterfall.


This is a pic of most of the guys... we are missing 4 for some reason


Here are all the gals on the trip... such a fun group!


This is one of the beautiful hot springs... doesn't it look inviting? Can you believe the temp. is around 160 degrees? So deceiving.


And last but... maybe least, Old Faithful. I'm going to be the party pooper here and say that this was kind of a let down. Maybe I had too high of expectations, but for all the hundreds of people sitting on benches and waiting to see water spew out of the ground for 2 minutes, it just didn't quite meet up to the hype. However, if I were wandering on the Oregon trail 100s of years ago and wasn't expecting that to happen... I probably would have been more in awe.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so jealous! What beautiful scenery! You're right, that spring looks nice and cool. haha. Better not take a dip! I was a little disappointed when I got to reading though, I thought you were going to tell me you'd met the Duggars! I am such a fan! haha! Glad to hear you're having a good time!

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

beautiful pictures! Elizabeth, you look great:)