July 13, 2010

Don't just take our word for it...

Jackson Hole summer project was an unforgettable time for Andrew and me. We learned a lot about ourselves, our marriage, our ministry, and our sovereign God. However, the project wasn't ultimately for us but for the 25 students who came from all over the U.S. (and even Canada!) So don't just take our word for how wonderful it was... here it is straight from the mouth of students:
Nick, sophomore from University of Miami

My experience at Jackson Hole Summer Project was truly an unforgettable one. The time I was there was the most impacting and important three weeks of my walk with the Lord. One thing that became especially apparent during that time was the growth in appreciation for who God is and what He has done for me. I am now beginning to see the magnitude of what it is I am doing when I pray and spend time with the God of the Universe. He is the Creator and at the same time he longs to spend time with His children and have a relationship with them. He is as intimate as He is infinite. I am beginning to realize that my spiritual life is the most important part of me. It is the only part of me that has eternal value. So, this realization has changed the way that I live--God needs to be the centerpiece of my life and I have to be totally surrendered to Him because it means something for eternity. This trip was the spark that has started this radical change in my life, a change from my walk with the Lord being a part of me to it being all of me.


Kacey, sophomore from Auburn University

...I learned to be vulnerable with others, and God gave me confidence to be able to open up and pray with others. I also leaned so much about being bold in my faith, not just with strangers but with my closest friends and family members. This was something that I prayed deeply for throughout my three weeks on this project. I felt God directly calling me to be bold in my faith as I read through 2 Timothy one morning. I will never forget the following verses that I read, "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline" (2 Tim 1:7). This really challenged me, and I continue to pray for this growth in my life. Most importantly, I learned how amazing our God is. I loved every quiet moment that I got to spend either in prayer or in the word. It was so refreshing to be able to spend alone time every single day with God for hours. I discovered just how great our God is and how much He loves all of His children. I definitely feel like my time in Jackson Hole was a life-changing experience for me, and I am so thankful for everything that I learned while I was there.


Shane, Senior at Western Kentucky University

...Briefly, I will tell you about a man named Dave. Dave came to Jackson Hole in search for hope. He had just graduated college and for the last seven years he had been in complete darkness; Dave sought after and obtained all the world had to offer, but the world never offered absolute truth that was sufficient. All the world offered was brief satisfaction that his flesh desired. By God’s grace and love, I, as well as others was able to reach out to Dave. For some reason, Dave trusted and respected me. Dave and I had conversations daily and nightly. I would listen to every word Dave had to say and then reveal to him the truth that was in the Word of God. In the last days, Dave entered in many conversations, as well as gave his life story to all the fellow students. In two and a half weeks, I have never seen a bigger transformation in one man’s life. Only by God’s grace was this transformation able to happen. Through bold faith and prayer, God was able to work miraculously in Dave’s life.
Jackson Hole Summer Project was not meant to reach out to other people. The Summer Project was a trip for me to learn more about the Bible and gain leadership. I did not have to head to the city for God to impact a life. All I had to do was listen and share; share what God has done for me. I simply tried to reflect the love God has shown me. I gained an understanding that we pray to a miraculous God. The God that gave sight to the blind, healed the lame, and told the paralyzed to walk. The Savior who performed miracles two thousand years ago is the same then as He is now. With bold faith, we can do all things in Christ Jesus.



These are just a few of the ways that the Lord worked this summer in the lives of students... we feel so blessed to be a part of what He is doing and are excited to see how this translates into the rest of their lives.

No comments: