February 25, 2011

Six Months

Hello friends and family! I am so proud to tell you that yesterday I became HALF A YEAR OLD! And because I am so much older and more mature, I wanted take the time to let you know about all of the cool stuff I can do. First of all, as you can see above, I can play by myself! I have recently learned that I am just as fun as Mommy or Daddy and I can go for about 20 minutes (give or take a few) without needing them to wave a toy around.Another new skill I am perfecting is talking. I hear that practice makes perfect, so I'm talking a lot. My favorite phrase is "bla bla bla," which Mom and Dad thinks is hilarious. But I am also saying "mama" (mostly when I cry) and "dada" (a new development in the past couple days). Let's be honest, I really don't understand what I'm saying but Mom and Dad get so excited when they hear it that I keep repeating it!
For awhile now I've been playing with my feet, but now I'm quite the contortionist and like to spend some time each day chewing on them. Mom says the Chinese acrobats are going to recruit me pretty soon.About a week ago I started giggling. You have to earn your giggles, though... I need very dramatic peek-a-boos before I give you the pleasure of hearing my sweet laughter. The first night I did it, I had Mom and Dad doubled over. They tell me how they used to go out for dinner and a movie on Friday nights. Thank goodness I came along and saved them from their old boring life!
Some things are the same around here, though: like the fact that I still love to suck on my hand all day. People have been asking us for months if I am teething... but there are no signs yet except drool and a hand-sucker. Another thing that hasn't changed much is my petite figure. My unofficial weight right now is a little over 14 lbs. (We go to the doctor Tuesday for the official weigh in!) Instead of giving 2 ounces of formula after every feeding like the doctor ordered, Mom has been giving me one extra feeding of formula a day of around 8-10 ounces. That got me back in good standing with the doctors, but I'm still a slender fella.

With that in mind, my parents didn't think it would hurt to take me out last night to celebrate my half birthday and let me try a little bit of ice cream....

Yum! We are in Birmingham with my cousins right now, and Mom says when we get back home I will try rice cereal again! (I tried it a month ago and wasn't too fond of it.)

By the way, have I told you how much I love my cousins?

Thanks for listening! Until Month Seven....
W