February 21, 2011

A Tribute to Will

This was a hard post to write... but I wanted to do it for Rachel. And I wanted to do it for sweet Will.

On February 6 two of my dearest friends, Rachel and Jess, held their newborn baby for an hour in their arms before they saw him into eternity.

I wanted to give a tribute to this sweet baby boy who graced the world for 60 minutes and to his parents who I adore and now respect more than anyone I know.

To Will... who I know was such a blessing to his family. His months in Rachel's belly and his minutes outside held purpose and beauty. There was not a second of his life that His loving Creator did not plan and give meaning to. I trust with his family that he is now cradled in the arms of a Savior who preceded Will in death and paved the road to make it victorious. Because Jesus conquered death, Will conquered death. Hallelujah! I am so sad to have not been able to meet him, but I look forward to seeing him at our true Home.

To Rachel... You are strong and you are brave even on the days that you don't feel like it, because you always have the presence of the Mighty One with you. There isn't another friend I have who is more bent towards nurturing than you; and so I can't imagine anyone else to have been chosen to carry Will. You loved Will more than you loved yourself, and I know he must have felt that as you held him in your arms. You and Jess were a brief picture to him of the Savior he was about to meet... who (can you even fathom?) loves him even more than you. I'm so glad that Jesus spared your life so that you could take care of precious Canon and your husband, Jess. But remember that this life is a vapor, and you won't be away from Will for long. I love you, Rachie...

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 31:18

Do not fear for I am with you; Do not be dismayed for I am your God I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10


3 comments:

Rachel Rainer said...

In tears... Thank you Libby! Love you! So thankful for your friendship!

Rachel

Unknown said...

wow Lib, you brought tears to my eyes. What a touching way of with words you have. My heart goes out to Will's family.

Tami said...

Lib that was absolutely beautiful. I'm sure Rachel will treasure your words and your friendship forever.