May 24, 2011

Nine Months

 
"Hey", friends and family! ("Hey" is a new word Mom and Dad think they hear from me lately... but they do have very imaginative hearing.) I am now 3/4 of my way to a whole year!

Do you see that puckered lip above? That is the W look of determination. Mostly I wear it when I'm deciding what to conquer next...

But I'm wearing it right now in order to complete this blog quickly so I can go back to exploring every nook of this house and eating everything on the floor on the way (My new favorite snack is paper).

So what have I been doing lately besides pulling open every drawer in the house?

Well, a couple of weekends ago I took another trip to Kentucky to visit family. I love spending time there because I am always the center of attention. Take a look at these pictures and see for yourself!

The next weekend I headed off to the lake to visit with more family. It was our first lake trip with the twins... and let me tell you, it.was.crazy. We all loved every minute of it! I like not being the baby anymore. Blake and Coop have a lot to learn. Can you believe they still get up in the middle of the night sometimes? I haven't done that in three weeks forever!

The words that I am saying consistently are "Dada" or "Dad" (the most) and "Mom" (sometimes) and "Uh oh" (ALL THE TIME). Some days I crawl around saying "uh oh, uh oh, uh oh" because it's just so darn fun to say! I do use it when I drop something, but I also like to practice it other times, too. The parents think I might be saying "a dog" (even though I use it for all animals) and "hey," but these are all stretches.

I have also been known to give away some pretty stellar high fives if I'm in a good mood.

As far as mobility goes... "ain't no mountain high, ain't no valley low..." Listen, I can get anywhere I put my little determined mind to. I like to crawl, I love climbing, but I really like to cruise around on my feet hanging on to couches, coffee tables, legs, whatever. Mom and Dad have caught me a couple times free standing, and they get so excited that it jolts me back to reality to realize what I'm doing. Then I grab onto whatever is nearest. I'm really thinking hard about walking and just choosing the right moment to go for it.

I've just recently started regularly eating solid foods. I really enjoy any type of fruit, turkey, and cheese. Oh, and ice cream... but Mom says we shouldn't tell people that. I have been known to throw a tantrum or two at lima beans. But alas, my red face and growl just make Momma laugh.

Mostly I'm  a genuinely happy baby. I laugh a lot, especially at Dad. Man that guy is funny.


I like to cuddle with Mom and I love for her to read sing me stories. If she doesn't get the right one, I will lean over the chair to find the one I want in the book basket. Sometimes it takes her awhile to get it right, but I'm pretty patient.

Okay, I think you know enough about my life now! In a nutshell, Mom and Dad think they are starting to see my personality come out in me: a morning person, always wants to be busy with something, can have a good time but likes to be mostly serious, loves being around people, and LOVES to talk. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the long run.

I'm guess we will find out when Mom is still blogging about me when I'm 16. That will be totally appropriate!

Much Love,
W

No comments: