April 30, 2013

Seagrove 2013

One thing that I look forward to every year is our spring conference with Cru in Seagrove, Florida. This conference is for the staff of the southeast region... it's a time of teaching, vision-casting, and rejoicing in what the Lord has done all over the southeast that year.


It's also really fun to catch up with the staff from different schools. Our life can be so different from everyone else's life, so it's good to be with people who understand what it's like to pick up your family and move somewhere for a summer. Every summer.


I'm certainly not complaining about that, because who would really complain about WORKING in Jackson Hole, Wyoming?


The weekend was a little work and a little play... but I didn't take any pictures of the work.


W is at a really fun stage to be with at the beach. He mostly loved digging holes and finding sea creatures and other very boyish things.


And he talked to everyone trying to lay out and have a peaceful day at the beach. "What's your name?" "Want to build a sand castle with me?" "My name is Wilson and I am two!" 


Thankfully we work with a bunch of extroverts, so they kind of loved that.


W and I spent some time in Seaside one morning while Andrew was in a meeting. If we had all the money in the world, it would be  the first place I would pick to buy a vacation home.


But we don't have all the money in the world (or close to it), so I'll count my blessings that I have to be at a work conference once a year in little town next door. :) 

1 comment:

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

my favorite picture was the one of you and Wilson!