August 26, 2009

For it's one... two.... three strikes...

Actually, there were far more than three strikes last night at my first ever Braves game! Our long-time friend, Aron, had three extra tickets to the Braves vs. Padres game last night and was kind enough to invite us to tag along. Knowing it would be a long night without a girl to chat with, I got to spend some sweet time with my dear friend Sarah Rhodes! (We had a lovely time guessing the ditties they played and making witty comments about each players cameo). The game in itself was a downer (only three runs the whole night), but the atmosphere was superb. We had a fantastic view of the ATL skyline and enjoyed an all-American hotdog. I think night games are the best. The last baseball game I went to was back in youth group... I saw the Cardinals vs. Cubs (The home run battle of McGwire and Sosa) and saw McGwire hit his 65th home run. I can't even remember the name of half the people on that trip, but I remember that random trivia. Anyway, that game was mid afternoon in summer, and about 30 innings in I made a covenant (now broken) that I would never attend another baseball game. I'm glad I did.

Here's some shots of us at the stadium....




On the way home I had a craving for some ice cream, so we pulled in a Wendy's where I continued walking on youth group memory lane and ordered a frosty and fries. Scoff not! The harmony of salty and sweet comes to crescendo in this perfect snack.



Today Andrew and I got the pleasure of visiting Grandmother and Grandaddy Harwell. They hosted us for lunch (a full menu of friend chicken and okra!) and we had a really pleasant visit with them. We love the two of them very much and are thankful for all the ways they encourage and inspire us. Grandmother reads this blog every day and you better believe she let's us know how long it has been since our last update! We love you two!!

2 comments:

arfarnsworth said...

i like it when you update too!

brioprincess said...

Sounds like you had fun. ^_^
Yay for frosties and fries.
I think it's cute that your gm (gmil?) reads your blog.