August 16, 2009

Getting behind in posts is overwhelming. Africa feels like it was three years ago! Since we've been stateside, here are a few things that we've enjoyed:

Time at the lake... we especially love when we get to enjoy it with family. (My parents even got to come for the 4th of July!)






Speaking of my parents... we also got to make an ATL trip with them, so of course we checked out the Varsity's greasy burgers!


It was so sad to be away from our "son," Samford, this summer.... so we've enjoyed being around him again. He always provides a good laugh with his vibrant personality.


And finally, the thing I've enjoyed most is just being in our home! The older I get, the more of a homebody I become. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that we basically left our house as soon as we moved in. I realize that I neglected to put any finished pictures of our home on the blog... so here's a few:


This is our entry.... I have to brag on my hubby. He is an INCREDIBLE craftsman. I showed him a picture of a table I liked in Pottery Barn and he put this together from scratch. How lucky am I?! I also should add that I've been wanting a bonsai tree a couple years now... guess how long this one lasted with my any-shade-but-green thumb? A whopping two weeks.


We are already enjoying hosting in this room... I love the feeling of "home."


In case anyone who read my short-lived design blog wondered what happened with my beloved iron horse... he received the place of honor in our living room right smack dab on the coffee table. I love him even more today than the day I bought him.

Well, that's all for now folks! Tomorrow morning we are headed onto campus! First day of class is finally here! We'll be handing out Crusade cups with the football schedule to advertise for our ministry and hopefully get to meet some students. I love the fall! We wait in high expectation of what the Lord will do this year. I pray I am faithful to document it on this blog.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow girl! You've got style! I love your home! I know what you mean about being a home body. I've gotten to be that way too. I am a SAHM now, so I'm here all the time. I do a lot of scrapbooking and card making. You're so lucky to have a crafy hubby! I love that table! Pretty talented! Hope all is well with you!

Tamara

kpmantooth said...

Beautiful, and I am WAY impressed with the table! Can I put in an order for some end tables?! :)

Hank and Anna Uzzell said...

yay! i found your blog:)