October 30, 2013

Pumpkin Patch

It's been kind of a bummer that it doesn't really feel like fall in Mississippi. We've finally been able to turn off our air, but we've only had to turn our heat on once, for a brief moment in time, and we really didn't need to do it then.

Despite it all, I wouldn't change where we live. I can't believe it, but I'm actually in love with our little town in Mississippi and so I will take her, humidity and all.

Even though it doesn't feel like fall, we are still trying to festively create the fall... so a couple of weekends ago, when Gigi came into town, we headed to a pumpkin patch.




We all love it when Gigi is in town. She's such a fun grandmother!



 Picking out a pumpkin went almost exactly like last year.

I want whatever pumpkin is the closest to me. Can I ride the train yet? 



 Um, yep, this one will do just fine. Is it time to ride the train?












I think the pictures say it all, but this little ham had a very good day.

I was really excited about carving pumpkins this year, but Wilson was still not very into the whole ordeal. He took one scoop of seeds out of the pumpkin and then was off playing in his sandbox. Andrew, however, worked very hard on this Auburn masterpiece and Wilson loved seeing it glow.



Happy fall, y'all! It's always a joy entering into a new season... a reminder to my heart that in all seasons of life there is much to be cherished. 

No comments: