November 02, 2013

Candy Week

Last year, Wilson didn't even know what the word "candy" was. Can you believe it? It's true. 

This week we have unfortunately attended way too many candy-centered events and it's become a household name. 

On Tuesday we walked down our street to a Halloween parade. Two reasons I love our neighborhood: location and our best friends. If I ever doubt how good the Lord is, I just have to remember how he led us to buy a house that was, unbeknownst to us, only one street over from our favorite family. God is good, y'all. 

Owie, Marg & W

Wilson first told me he wanted to be a walrus for Halloween. Sorry, Little Man, I have no idea how to even begin to make that costume... so... a ROBOT would be REALLY cool!

He's been talking in a robot voice a lot lately, so it didn't take long to convince him. (He did have a short stint, however, of begging to be a peanut... what is with this kid and random costumes?)

I love the bent antenna in this picture.

We met up with some of our dearest friends in another neighborhood and hit the pavement before the down pour.


I want them to all be friends forever so we can send them off to college with this picture.

Wilson was pretty pleased with his loot. He kept asking, "Mommy WHAT is this?!" and as I named the candy I opened up a whole new world for him. Uh oh!




We hit about five houses before the storm clouds started to roll in and scare all the little spooks away.


Thankful for the fun night, but mostly thankful for the sweet provision of good friends to share it with.



No comments: